What are you craving?

Monday, March 17, 2014

Smokehouse, Shibuya

Daniel and I always walked past the Smokehouse on our way to either Shibuya or Harajuku and we always said, "One day we'll try it out." This afternoon we decided that today was finally the day to finally see what the buzz was about. 

Anxious and hungry
Mushroom Soup and Homemade Bread Lunch Set

950 yen
 Looking back at what I ordered I'm ashamed of myself. Who the heck orders a vegetarian soup at a BBQ restaurant?! Not that it was bad, I'm just wondering what came over me when I chose the soup set over a stack of ribs. It wasn't like me at all. The soup was creamy and the bread was toasted and warm. It's filling and great to order if you're not so hungry. -Mari

Barbeque Plate (with Coleslaw and Cornbread) Lunch Set

1700 yen
Unlike Mari I went for the whole sha-bang. BBQ Chicken, Kansas City style ribs, cornbread, and coleslaw. It was awesome. The tomato-based sauce on the ribs and chicken was delicious. It was sweet, spicy and tangy. The meat was fall of the bone tender and the four additional side sauces made it even better. My personal favorite sauce for the ribs was the Voodoo Hot (sweet, tomato-based, with habanero peppers). -Daniel



OVERALL
The food was good, atmosphere was cozy, and the waiters were really nice. We'd definitely go back to eat there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment