What are you craving?

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Le Petite 'Mazing

We celebrated Daniel's university acceptance at Le Petite Maison in DIFC. It also happened to be our last night in Dubai. As the following comments will tell you, there was no better way to end an amazing month in Dubai than Le Petite Maison. 

Calamars Frits

45 Dhs 
The system at Le Petite Maison is to order a variety of dishes and share between your party. I felt reluctant to share the calamari, as I could've gone for seconds with how perfectly crisp and chewy these were. -Mari

The calamari was scrumptious. It was perfectly crispy and had a little unique twist that I've never tasted before. It was easily in the top five calamari I've ever had. -Daniel

Crevette Ti'des - l'Huile d'Olive

 70 Dhs
The essence of olive oil with these plump shrimps were exquisite! -Mari

With each bite of the juicy shrimp there was a subtle hint of olive oil. Simple and delicious. -Daniel

Salad de Haricots Verts au Foie Gras

70 Dhs
It's green beans with foie gras people. What more can I say. -Mari

Poulpe Finement Tranchés

105 Dhs 
The thin sliced octopus was delicious. It wasn't chewy at all, and tasted like it was just pulled out of the water. -Daniel

Aubergine Grillée, Mozzarella et Crevettes au Pistou

125 Dhs 
My absolute favorite appetizer of the night! It's literally all my favorite things (eggplant, cheese, shrimp) grilled to an absolute mouthwatering masterpiece. -Mari

Coquelet au Citron Confit

120 Dhs 
I remember being a little skeptical when my dad first ordered this, as when we ordered it on a previous visit it wasn't up to its usual LPM standards. Hence I was pleasantly surprised when it was tender and juicy. -Mari

The chicken was delicious. The skin was crispy, the chicken was juicy, and the citron confit gave just the right amount of umph. -Daniel

Entrecôte Grillée

265 Dhs
Perfect. -Mari

This steak was the definition of amazing. It was grilled to perfection in an awesome salt rub. It came with two sauces, but I only tried the horseradish. The steak itself was so good after one bite with horseradish I enjoyed it alone and do not regret my choice. -Daniel

Salmon Grillé

185 Dhs
I wasn't able to accept the salmon as much as the other dishes. There was a distinct taste of the salmon that I wasn't so sure of.  -Mari 

The salmon was too fishy for me. -Daniel

Rigatoni aux Cépes

160 Dhs 
I'm not the biggest fan of creamy pastas, but boy did this change my mind. The cream wasn't overwhelming or heavy- it melted in my mouth with every bite. -Mari 

This pasta was delicious. Each bite was extremely pleasurable, and I would love to eat it again. -Daniel

Tarte Fine

40 Dhs
This is how every apple tart should be. The ratio of apple to crust should be 5:1. Warm, soft, baked apple topped with malt ice-cream, need I say more? -Mari

The apple tart was perfect. The crust was thin and wasn't the main attraction. -Daniel

Pain Perdu et sa Glace aux Epices

45 Dhs 
I can't even comment about LPM's french toast without getting excited/emotional. All I can say is you have to have this simple dessert in order to understand what I'm feeling right now. -Mari

Before we went to dinner Mari was raving about the french toast. She kept saying how amazing it was, and she was right. This french toast was so simple yet so different. It's crispy on the outside but fluffy and delicious on the inside. This with spiced ice cream is divine. -Daniel

Mousse au Chocolat Chaud et Glace à l’Orge

60 Dhs
Simplicity at its finest. Hot, gooey chocolate cake topped with creamy ice-cream. Who doesn't like that combo? -Mari

*NEW* Caramel Mousse
This is one of LPM's new desserts! You know when you don't know what to expect when you try something new? The mouthgasm you experience when you first put this to your tongue is incredible. It was all the humanly divine textures possible in a small bowl. -Mari

We just want to thank everybody who's viewed our blog so far! The feedback and love we receive is what keeps us going :)


No comments:

Post a Comment