What are you craving?

Sunday, March 9, 2014

SAPORI di BLEGH

Bice Italian has a pretty good rep due to their amazing food, so when we saw Sapori di Bice we needed to give it a try. 
English Breakfast

70 Dhs 
I ordered the American Breakfast set, but the waitress had brought out the English breakfast. I figured oh well it's been 20 minutes and it looks okay, so I said no worries. When she set it down I was saddened by the presentation. The egg yolk was popped and dried, the sausages were cold, and the food quality was not equivalent to the price. The best part of my breakfast was honestly the yogurt and cereal. -Daniel 

Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs on Toast

42 Dhs
The salmon was pungent and overpowered the rest of the food. 

Belgian Waffles with Seasonal Berries

42 Dhs
Since I wasn't able to get my Belgian waffle fix at Cafe Belge, I was excited when I saw they had it for breakfast on the menu. Sadly, not only did it take 40 min for the waitress to bring it to the table but the waffle was the most pathetic looking waffle I had ever seen in my life. The taste was bland and soggy (probably from sitting in the kitchen for 30 min before it came out). One piece of strawberry even made me gag because it tasted like the inside of a fridge. -Mari


OVERALL
The service was extremely slow and lacking (like the food). She kept making the excuse that they were extremely busy, but there were only three tables of customers. We ordered a second orange juice and it never came but was on the check. We asked if they could remove it and they brought it out when we were trying to pay to leave. The waitress also promised us syrup for our pancakes and the waffle, which, once again, never showed up. 

3 comments:

  1. Sad you were disappointed. Will you try it again?
    I'm curious. How does culture affect service and presentation? Do you find a hint of Western influence or are dishes and folks purely traditional?
    Thanks.
    Keep eating and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    Thank you for the comment.

    We probably won't try it again.

    How does culture affect service and presentation?

    In Dubai most waiters and waitresses are foreign. Most strive for quick, attentive service, but there's always a few slow ones. The presentation in most restaurants is extremely important as Dubai has pretty high standards. Most of the dishes come out and aren't just delicious, but they're presented in a very attractive, unique way.

    Do you find a hint of Western influence or are dishes and folks purely traditional?

    It really depends on the restaurant; Dubai is a huge melting pot of cultures. When we went to Zaroob both times it was packed with both foreigners and Emirati people. The food had no hint of western influence (and was amazing). Dapoer Kita as well had no western influence (we were telling each other how it tasted like hocker stalls in South East Asia), and the waiters, as well as some of the patrons, were Indonesian.

    Thanks for checking out our blog.
    We will for sure :)


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Daniel & Mari for taking the time out from your busy schedule and visiting Sapori Di Bice and also for writing your review on it; we highly appreciate your feedback and we will make all efforts to improve our services for our customers. I would like to personally invite you to visit Sapori di BiCE so that you could try our food again and I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

    Please feel free to call me on my personal number 055 9567701 if you have any further queries or you could also drop me an email on pr-exec@nstlyeintl.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete