What are you craving?

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Tabe-Aruki

Department stores in Japan like Seibu, Tobu and Mitsukoshi always have a floor full of bento stores, bakeries, chocolatiers and confectionary. So when we went to the biggest depachika in Japan (over 250 food stores) we were in heaven. We did what we're great at, 'Tabe-Aruki' (eating while walking) and we're here today to talk about what we ate! 

Matcha Cream Taiyaki (from Aji-Saki)

147 yen
Matcha flavored cake filled with milky cream; fluffy on the inside and crispy on the edges. Devoured in seconds. -Mari

I didn't want to share this with Mari because it was so freakin' delish. I easily could have ate 100 or more of these and not had any post-"snack" guilt.  -Daniel

Matcha Mochi Bread with White Chocolate (from Don Q)

242 yen for 5-6 pieces
Any time I come across food labeled 'Limited Edition' I subconsciously pull my wallet out and find myself buying it. These Spring edition mochi bread with white chocolate chips were chewy and filling. They were tasty but it's not something I'd consider buying again. -Mari

These matcha mochi breads weren't bad but they didn't stick. The flavour was pretty neutral and I have to agree with Mari. -Daniel

Mini Chocolate Croissant (from Don Q)

185 yen for 4-5 pieces
Regarding both the croissants, they are the most nostalgic things to put in my mouth. Growing up and spending my summers in Japan, Don Q's mini pastries were seriously part of my childhood. I bought 5 of each yesterday and was reluctant to share them with Daniel. -Mari

Both of the croissants were awesome. I loved how the chocolate croissants had melted chocolate in the middle. -Daniel

Mini Croissant (from Don Q)

152 yen for 4-5 pieces

Ten-Musubi 5 pieces (from Jiraiya)

550 yen (but we got it on time sale for 450 yen! woop woop!) 
Fried shrimp in little rice balls are seriously the bomb dot com. Perfect for the cherry blossom season picnics! -Mari

Simple and tasty. -Daniel


No comments:

Post a Comment