What are you craving?

Sunday, March 2, 2014

"Eating is an agricultural act."

Have you guys heard of Eataly? Everything is fresh and straight off the plane from Italy. You can watch your food go through the process of being made from scratch. I think it's a nice getaway lunch from the busy scene of Dubai. - Mari

Nothing goes better with crisp fluffy bread than olive oil and balsamic vinegar (and a pinch of salt)!

Mozzarella in Carrozza

35 Dhs
(Picture credit to our wonderful sponsor!) 

I could barely stay still and patiently take angle shots of the fried mozzarella when they were laid in front of us. It was fried to the perfect golden crisp, and I'm not sure if it's because I was absolutely starving, but they tasted like heaven in fine breadcrumbs. -Mari 

I stuffed my face furiously with bread while waiting for Mari to get the right photo for the fried mozzarella. These fried mozzarella triangles were divine and had the perfect amount of dried tomato and pesto. The only bad thing about this appetizer was that it ended. -Daniel

Look at this bad boy.

Tagliatelle Alla Genovese

52 Dhs
 
"Eat your greens" doesn't sound so bad when you have this on your plate. -Mari


Lasagne Alla Genovese

56 Dhs
 
This dish defies the stereotype of lasagna having to be meat/tomato sauce based. It was a unique texture and I loved it. It was my favorite vegetables (yes, potato being one of them) covered in pasta and cheese. -Mari

Elegante

49 Dhs

The sliced pears accented this salad perfectly. The cherry tomatoes were the perfect hardness and the cheese, oh my goodness the cheese- it pulled the whole salad together. It's hard to find an enjoyable salad, but I definitely felt satisfied after eating this one. -Mari 

Spaghetti Alla Chitarra in Pecorino Cream Sauce

56 Dhs
I had a craving for cheese today and this definitely hit the spot. This mountain of spaghetti had a generous amount of cheese and was lightly peppered. I opted for the parmigiano reggiano on top and the mix of the two cheeses was mouthwatering. If I need any future cheese fixes I know exactly where to go. -Daniel

Overall the Eataly experience was satisfying. The only complaints we had are minor and not food related. The tables could have been a bit farther from the products though as it felt like people kept walking by. The chairs could have also been a bit sturdier. Service was excellent and we will probably return again when we're craving Eatalian. -Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment