What are you craving?

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Chil-YES!

We were trying to find shelter from the pouring rain in Tokyo when this vibrant store caught my eye in a secluded corner. We came across this little Mexican restaurant, Chiles, from making the wrong turn in Harajuku- and let me tell you all things happen for a reason. 

Guacamole Chips

350 yen
The amount of guacamole was a little disappointing only because it was so good! The chips were warm and I couldn't help but scoff them down trying to re-energize myself from being in the rain all morning. -Mari 


Cheese Chorizo Quesadilla

750 yen
This is the melt-in-your-mouth kind of quesedilla. Perfectly combined with the authentic chorizo chunks in every bite! -Mari

When Mari let me taste her quesadilla I was back in Mexico City at Gloria's stand in front of my school. These quesadillas were easily the best I've had outside of Mexico. -Daniel

Pork Carnitas Fajita Wrap

880 yen
The pork in this was so tender and burst with flavour every bite. Everything went together extremely well in this wrap of perfection. -Daniel

OVERALL
The owner, Carlos, achieved his goal of bringing a small slice of Mexico City to Harajuku. This is the most authentic Mexican restaurant in Tokyo I've been to. The service was great, food was excellent, and the ambiance was the cherry on top. -Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment