What are you craving?

Thursday, March 27, 2014

A little London in Tokyo

It was 4:15 and we hadn't eaten all day. When we came across The Tipplers Arms, the Sunday Roast and Fish and Chips looked like they would hit the spot. The lunch menu was only served until 4pm,  but it was a few minutes past. Daniel went in and asked if we could still sit down and have their lunch- you should've seen how thrilled we were when we got a 'Yes'.

A little tinkering with the Fish Eye effect on my camera
Sunday Pork Roast

1200 yen
When the food came out I was amazed at how much there was for the price. The plate was almost overfilled with a mountain of melt in your mouth pork, delicious caramelized onions, yorkshire pudding, steamed veggies, and roast potatoes. There was a little wasabi sauce on the side to try out on the meat, which was an enjoyable little twist. -Daniel

Fish and Chips

1200 yen
Having lived in England before I'd like to think I know good fish and chips when I see it. I was worried I was going to have to eat defrosted fish and chips, so I was surprised when I looked over and saw the owner batter the fish and fry them himself. A wave of nostalgia hit me when I took the first bite of my fish with malt vinegar. Flashbacks of being back in Cobham and eating at their local pub hit me instantly. A problem I had though was that the plate was too small and it made my eating experience a little difficult. -Mari 

No comments:

Post a Comment