What are you craving?

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dapoer Kita in Al Karama

 If you are serious foodies like us, you know that hole-in-the-walls are the best place to get your fix for authentic foods. Dapoer Kita serves authentic Indonesian cuisine, and I mean the good stuff. It's totally worth the messy parking in Al Karama. 

Dapoer Kita
Tempeh
On the way to Al Karama, I literally put my hands together and prayed that there would be some Tempeh left in the hot plate. These go really fast if you don't get there early enough as they're a staple for Indonesian cuisine. Something so oily couldn't taste any better than this. You have to have them! -Mari

Soto Ayam

18 Dhs

Nasi Goreng with Sate Ayam

22 Dhs
I remember stuffing my mouth for my first bite. I also remember having the most intense mouthgasm ever. I can confidently say that this Nasi Goreng tasted just as good as the one they had at the local hawker stalls down in South East Asia. My personal favorite is cutting a chunk of the Tempeh and eating it with the rice, do it next time you have the chance. You'll thank me later. -Mari

Kwetiau Goreng Seafood

22 Dhs
 Having been away from home for a while I had to get my fix of Southeast Asian food. When I saw Indonesian kwetiau goreng I knew it would hit the spot and more. It tasted amazing; just like the char kuey teow at the hawker stalls five minutes from my house in Malaysia. -Daniel

Nasi Campur

Price varies depending on items (and amount) chosen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing about us. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish to visit when i come to dubai in october...insaAllah

    ReplyDelete