What are you craving?

Friday, February 28, 2014

One Meat-er please.

Having been to Turkey before, I was really excited to re-visit Turkish cuisines tonight at Turkish Village. The neon lights and cartoon-y signs threw me off a little bit, but I was more than delighted when we received our food. Here's what we ordered: 

Turkish Shepard's Salad

20 Dhs 
Simple and refreshing! I loved the hint of lime juice. -Mari

Tasty simple salad with some pepper and lime juice to top it off. No complaints. -Daniel

Fresh Zaater Salad

18 Dhs
 It looked like garden weeds. It was a little sour and the black pepper was very prominent in my mouth. -Mari

The lemon was overwhelming and the thyme had a very strong presence. The tomatoes were very juicy and fresh, and the greens weren't too soggy. - Daniel

Istanbul Borek (dip in yogurt with herbs)

20 Dhs
 As soon as I asked the waiter what borek was and he replied it was crust filled with cheese, I had to order it. It was so crispy on the outside and the cheese just melted into your mouth. I'm already craving  this again. -Mari

When my eyes ran past borek in the menu I knew I wanted it. When Mari ordered it I did a little happy dance inside, and then another once I took my first bite. -Daniel

Cheese Pide

35 Dhs
 What can I say, I'm a sucker when it comes to melted cheese and bread. I didn't want this Pide to finish. -Mari

I had my eye on the kawarma and cheese pide but decided against it since we were already going to have a meter of kebab, and I'm happy I did. The melted halloumi on the cheese pide was perfect and I savoured every bite. -Daniel

One Meter Adana Kebab

275 Dhs
Crispy on the edges and juicy in the middle, perfect kebab- and it was a meter long! -Mari

I was amazed when over three feet of kebab was laid in front of us.  Being a meat lover it felt like I was in heaven. The meat was perfect and I got to eat at least half of it (I love being a vacuum cleaner). The only thing you need to watch out for is the green chiles that line the sides. I thought they were green beans and stuck two in my mouth and instantly regretted my decision. -Daniel

Künefe

30 Dhs
 I always stay away from the overly-drenched-in-syrup desserts, but when I heard that the Kunefe was freshly made on the spot, I had to try it. It was beyond sensational. Crunchy, moist, syrupy, added with that cream was just absolute perfection. -Mari 

The Kunefe came out still warm from the kitchen and tasted amazing. I devoured the piece I had and will probably dream about the taste tonight. -Daniel

Baklava with Turkish Ice Cream

25 Dhs
A little bit too sweet and heavy for my taste! Still I could tell it was great Baklava. -Mari

The Baklava was perfect. It was flaky, rich, and the sweetness was perfect. It was complimented extremely well by the traditional Turkish ice cream, and perfected with a warm glass of Turkish tea (10Dhs). -Daniel

The restaurant looked like a tourist trap from the outside, but the tastes proved otherwise. The food was authentic Turkish food and really hit the spot. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and the decorations were modest. The service was great; our waiter (Roy) was very attentive and friendly. Overall I feel this restaurant was a great experience and I would love to go back. -Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment