What are you craving?

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Jones the Grocer

We just came back from Jones the Grocer (on Sheikh Zayed Road) for lunch today and Daniel and I can't stop raving about this place. The layout of the sandwiches, salads, cakes and breads were just wonderful to look at. It was a feel good restaurant with high ceilings and all natural lighting from the beaming spring sun.  I couldn't keep myself still, constantly standing up and checking around the restaurant and their array of foods whilst I waited for mine. 

Jones the Grocer menu

Casually getting ready to loosen my skirt

Cottage Pie with buttered green peas

58Dhs



I actually spent a solid 10 minutes contemplating what to order for lunch, even having to ask our waiter to come back to us. Debating between the sandwiches and the hot meals, I finally came to a conclusion on trying out the Cottage Pie on their special Dubai Food Festival menu. Needless to say when my dish arrived I was ecstatic. There was copious amounts of melted cheese on the mashed potatoes, and the minced meat buried underneath was nutritious with various vegetables. With such heavy food it's hard to find something where each bite is as good as the first- and the Cottage Pie here served perfect forkfuls till the very last bite! -Mari

Corbit Chicken with Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprouts

65Dhs
 When the chicken came out I was pretty happy with my choice. It looked exactly how it tasted (which was pretty good). The flavours were well balanced and there wasn't much to improve. The only cons were that the butternut squash was a bit too runny and some bites of the chicken were too tough. -Daniel

Baked Pumpkin and Feta Cheese Salad

58 Dhs
The salad was ordered by the current sponsor of Eaternationals (aka my mom). She described it as being light and really liked how the dressings did not drench the salad leaves. She also said the baked pumpkin was her favorite and accented the feta cheese really well. Overall she enjoyed her salad until the very end. -Mari

Carrot Cake recommended by our waiter!


 I have a complicated relationship with restaurant served carrot cake. I always feel disappointed when the cake is too dry or there's an overwhelming amount of cream cheese. On the recommendation of our waiter, I gave it a impulsive chance. However, the above was easily the best carrot cake I have ever had. Not expecting too much from it when I first put it in my mouth, I had to stop myself from talking and react immediately with "Oh my god." Everything about it was en point; the moisture of the cake, the sweetness and the amount of cream cheese, and the crunchiness of the topped crushed walnuts and almonds. -Mari

Warm Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream
When Mari and I were checking out the desserts on display my eyes locked on the apple crumble. I knew exactly what I was getting for dessert, and had no regrets when it arrived at the table. The presentation, and everything else about the crumble, was perfect. There was so much ice cream you didn't have to worry about unbalanced spoonfuls.  It wasn't too sweet and I swear it got better with every bite. -Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment