What are you craving?

Monday, February 24, 2014

Burgers. ハンバーガー. الهامبرغر

Burger Mania in Hiroo, Tokyo.

±1300 yen/ $12 USD per person
If you're in Hiroo, you have to visit Burger Mania. The restaurant is small, cozy, and just the perfect environment for chowing down one of their delicious burgers. The 'Cherry Burger' (one of their signature items) caught my eye, but I prefer classic burgers so I ordered the Swiss Mushroom Burger instead. The bun was perfectly toasted and warm from the inside, it couldn't do the cheesy patty anymore justice. I love the simplicity of this place; good burgers, good atmosphere, and overall great experience walking out the door.  - Mari

Steak N' Shake in Vero Beach, Florida.

±600 yen/ 5$ USD per person (more with their amazing shakes)

It was my first time to eat a Steak N' Shake burger. To be completely honest, before even entering Steak N' Shake, I was a little skeptical of this diner being the usual 'go-to-fast-food' taste. I ordered the Garlic Single Steakburger, and was pretty much drooling when a big buttery bun surrounded by crispy fries was placed in front of me. Taking a bite, I could easily say it was one of the top 3 burgers I've ever eaten. If any of you love garlic as much as I do, give the Garlic Single Steakburger a chance.  When I go back to Steak N' Shake, I'm definitely ordering the Garlic Double Steakburger. - Mari

Shake Shack in Dubai Mall, Dubai.

±25 Dhs/ $7 USD/ 800 yen per person (without fries or water)

"We HAVE to go to Shake Shack". Mari was set on taking me to Shake Shack before we even left Tokyo. She was craving it so much that we ended up eating it on our first day in Dubai. This was my first time eating Shake Shack, and it was pretty good disregarding the price (I mean who sells Fiji water at a burger joint?). The burgers came out and the first thing I noticed was how perfect the presentation was. I never get lucky with the appearance vs reality, but at Shake Shack I did. The taste wasn't amazing enough to stick in my mind, but I did leave the diner satisfied. - Daniel
AS Classics in Roppongi Hills, Tokyo.  
✩ 
±1400 yen/ $14 USD per person

"Sorry we're sold out". Wait what? How does a burger joint sell all their burgers? We were looking at each other confused the first time we walked past and came to the conclusion that we had to try it. Mari had the avocado burger and I had the mushroom burger. Mari couldn't finish hers because she didn't like it, so I took up my nickname. The avocado burger wasn't anything special, and the portions were odd as there were only six or seven potato wedges with a burger towering over them. The swiss burger was a solid three out of five, but the overall experience wasn't what we hoped for. - Daniel

Great Burger in Shibuya, Tokyo.

±1100 yen/10$ USD per person for lunch set (burger, fries, coleslaw, drink)

We walked past a sign with some pretty awesome looking burgers so we decided to stop and look closer. There was a map on the sign and at first we were just going to walk past to scout it out on our way to Harajuku. Once we walked past though we ended up getting sucked in. When we walked in we were immersed in a vintage diner atmosphere with some pretty sweet music playing. As soon as the waiter put the menus in front of us my eyes ran straight to the new Chipotle Burger lunch set. It came out and was pretty messy looking, but the messier the better right? That saying rang true with this burger when I took my first bite. My mouth was filled with an actual chipotle chili balanced with sharp cheddar and a perfectly cooked patty. This burger actually made me want to go into the kitchen and hug the chef. We'll definitely go back and try their other burgers.  - Daniel


No comments:

Post a Comment