What are you craving?

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Avocado or Avocado?

Madosh Cafe is hidden in the bustling streets of Harajuku, you probably won't be able to come across it by just walking past it. Every meal on the menu is built around avocado, which is perfect if you're as much of an avocado lover as I am! 

Taco rice with Avocado

1,190 yen
So. Good. In Japan it's hard to come across taco rice that doesn't taste sweet, and Madosh's just beats the rest! It's got a real kick from the meat sauce, and each bite is either melt-in-your-mouth from the perfectly ripe avocado or the crunchiness of the crushed nachos. Seriously see myself craving this soon!

Good food with good company! 

Fried Avocado with Mozzarella and Prosciutto

400 yen per piece
 I never thought you could fry avocado. Not to mention stuff it with cheese and ham. This just blew my mind. Crispy on the edges and moist and chewy on the inside. 

OVERALL:
I love the cozy atmosphere and the wacky avocado decorations throughout the interior. It's a fun place to chill with friends and definitely worth popping into if you're debating what to eat in Harajuku! The only thing that bothered me was that on the weekends they require a purchase of at least 1 drink.. which isn't such a problem unless it's 600 yen ($6)! Maybe I recommend the weekday lunch menu better when the prices are more affordable. Next time I want to try the avocado carbonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment